Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gangster , and more

Yesterday was one of those days which passed in such a hurry that it was difficult to figure out whether it went well or otherwise. Kind of hurried up meal where lot was eaten , but less was relished. Any way it invovled certain quality outings , so restrospectively I can say that i enjoyed it. Watched gangster, perhaps the best movie i have watched this year. Uncle Bhat surely knows a thing or two about film making. Gangster has a good story, is fast paced, and its duration is just what was required. Some really good performances and a very good musical score, what more to ask for. This Kangana girl has done an amazing job for a debutante, in fact she did better than anyone else on screen. Shiney gave a powerful performance during the climax, though I found his acting a tad insipid during the first half. And Emran, well I envy him, no not for the amount of kisses he does,(for that envy will be too mild a word), But the way he is getting success after success despite doing hardly anything worth taking note of.He's even getting away with his kishen kumar like smile .All his films had great music and fast pace, tight direction, and as a result he has perhaps the highest success ratio lately. The only issue with this film was melodrama towards the end, the 'sindoor' thing disgust me every time I see it. I have developed such a hatred for it, wonder how will I deal with it if I ever have to.Besides the shady films should end on a dark note, the last 'reunion' frames were not required.

Later in the day, I went to akshardham. I never visit crowdy places, but on the insistence of an old friend who was visiting me, I went there in the evening. And despite all the crowds and queues, I actually liked that place. Its a well build place with the gradeur medieval kings employed to build tombs for their muses.Lot of marble and sand stone gives it a 'old world' charm. Built to the scale of a giant mall and run no differently, it sure offers a nice outing, and people normally come here for that only.You can spot people eating pizza's and burgers and sippping colas all around the fountains.I must say i underestimated the pervasiveness of consumerism. A good dinner is what is required to seal off a day, and a good sher to end a post, hence this, by qateel shifai



kiyaa hai pyaar jise hamane zindagii kii tarah
vo aashanaa bhii milaa hamase ajanabii kii tarah
ba.Daa ke pyaas merii us ne haath chho.D diyaa
vo kar rahaa thaa muravvat bhii dillagii kii tarah

No comments: